23 June 2010

work work and a uh.... more work....

Just a little update on my internship.... Its been going really well. I have had some interesting experiences in the past few weeks. I did some restaurant inspections, went out with the dental hygienist to do the Washington State SMILE survey. which was basically checking the teeth of kindergartners and 3rd graders throughout the city. Which was pretty fun. I went and did some home visits with the public health nurses, that has probably been one of my favorite things. They go and visit children who have special health care needs- some of these kids had seizures, trach tubes, one was mal-absorption due to getting rotovisus as a baby, one was born 4 months early so they were making sure he was growing, that is just a bit of what I can remember at the moment.
I did some refugee time, those are always interesting to me. The first family we had was from Cuba, and the second one was from Iraq. I just love listening to other languages, i don't know why I just do. That night we went to out and about which is a more or less a gay bar.. That we rather an interesting experience. Nothing to dramatic happened (lets just say I was very glad for that) but I did end up seeing my first and most likely last drag show. They are great people but I just wish that they would see what they are doing wrong in their lives. Makes me really grateful to know who I am and where I am going in this life, and for the gospel in my life. Needless to say it was an experience I will never forget. And that pretty much sums it up.

No comments: