Pres. Galbraith said he felt like he needed to come and talk to our class. Which I am very grateful he did. Such a neat experience, He talked about this little babushka grandma came to the temple and said the had a name she wanted to be baptized, And the asked if she wanted someone to do it for her and she said "No I will do it" So they got her ready, and he said the water was up to her chin. So cute! He told us how the Russian people are so excited to have the temple. And it made me think are we just as excited to do temple work? Kind of made me reflect on my own temple attendance and wonder if I get that excited to go every time. He said they cant even get them out of the temple to eat!
He was told me Elder Ballard one time when he was on campus to help the returned missionaries to no be afraid to marry. I thought that was interesting, But the brethren are really concerned that the young people of the church are getting scared of not finding the right person to marry so they don't even try. He did give us some advice in preparing for going thru the temple and marriage 1. Learn to be obedient 2. Learn to sacrifice 3. Learn to give service 4. Learn the Law of consecration 5. Stay morally clean
I thought his was interesting he said that you go on a mission to learn obedience and sacrifice or at least you think that is why you go on a mission.. but he said you really go on a mission to prove obedient and sacrifice. I never really thought of it that way, but I guess the more I think about that it is true. He is an amazing man and I so glad that he followed his impressions to come and talk to us.

4 comments:
beautiful temple! Thanks for sharing your testimony of what he said. It made me sit a reflect on my mission and my marriage. Thank you! Have a great week, Jacqueline!!!
Sounds like a great class, I love talking to temple presidencies.
(As a side note from your English major brother: The use of your spelling and grammar hurts me inside...deep down inside.)
I agree with Corrine. Your post definitely made me reflect on my temple attendance and my marriage. Have you read this month's Ensign? It is along these same lines. Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!
Ah man I wish I had been there! I love learning about Russian people! They are so wonderful! Haha Babushka! :D that made me happy. ... oh and that temple i first thought was rexburg but it there aren't any trees there.. lol that i looked closer and saw Russian/Ukraine... and yeah definitely not Rexburg...
Post a Comment