31 March 2011

Night at the Swing Club

Yesterday I while I was walking on campus as I saw a sign for "Sound Alliance and Vocal Union present Night at the Swing Club" And i thought to myself that it would be so fun to go to. And didn't really think about looking when it was going to be since I've been studying for final...

So I got to work last night to do the attended delivery Warren had me scheduled for and when we get there I see that it is for the Night at the Swing Club! One of the best parts I didn't even have to pay to go :) Granted standing for over 2 hours was not fun. But there was this sweet guy who came up and asked me to dance, and sadly I had to say no since I was at work. Then he goes on to say well there is the swing dance going on at the Hinckley til 11pm and you should come. I told him I might just make it there. And he is an amazing swing dance by the way.
Come to find out as Jack and I were driving back after the show, he said that Colton to him to get me to go to the dance... anyways I ended up going to the dance and actually seeing Colton there and he was like hey you actually made it! alright! I would love to say we danced the night away but no. He actually had to leave just after that.

The best part besides the amazing band and swing dancing was this cute old couple. One of the guys that was performing when up to this old couple and asked if he had his suspenders on the right way. And the old man was like "oh golly you look great" it was cute and  then he goes on to say that he was a pretty good 50's swing dancer. As part of the concert you were able to go and dance and this cute couple did. It was so cute and I must say it was pretty impressive to watch them.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Haha, cute story about the old couple! I love seeing cute old couples together. How funny that you ended up being able to go (sounds like that guy really wanted you to go!). =)