08 August 2013

Seattle

Mark and I spent this past weekend up in Seattle. I wanted him to meet my brother and sister-in-law. I took Friday off work and we left that morning, It was fairly uneventful driving over there.
At the rest stop in Selah, WA
 It was rainy and cold the closer we got to Renton. I even had to put on a hoodie. 70 degrees is just to cold for me now I guess... :)

We got in pretty early so I got to meet up with this lady that was in my last area in Toledo, Ohio  Rachel Ehmann. It was so much fun. (stupid me for got to get a picture with her)  We chatted for a few hours, I cant believe how big her kids have gotten. The fun part for me was not only getting to see her, but she also lives on the Navy Base where I grew up.
This is on H Court.. one of the house we lived in on Base
Since we were coming from the Tri-Cities, We had to go over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. I never like it as a kid, and I really didn't like driving it now.
 scary bridge of death
Going over the scary bridge of death.
On the way back to Renton from Bremerton, We got a little lost, I totally blame the GPS but oh well we made it in one piece, and were exhausted.
Friday night we just sat and chit chatted with Niklas and Karen and had a good laugh watching Clara run around like a crazy person.
Saturday morning was pretty lazy, Niklas had to take a test so we waited for him to finish that. After that we headed over to Seattle.
Clara being well Clara
She thought it was so fun having people in the backseat with her.
 I have not been to Seattle since I was probably 12 so it was fun to be there again.
 Pikes Place always a favorite
The Gum Wall.. so gross! and not we did not contribute to the wall,
 although Mark thought about it. :)
We left on Sunday after Sacrament meeting and headed back the Tri cites.
Thanks for a fun weekend guys. Can't wait to see you guys again!!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Looks like a fun trip! Ok, so I know I know who Rachel Ehmann is but I can't put a face to the name or remember who she is... that's so fun you got to see someone from Toledo!