30 December 2013

Christmas

This year was pretty relaxed since none of my siblings were coming home, because they were all going to be coming for the wedding in Feb.
At work we only get major holidays off. So that means I just had Christmas Day off. I started getting sick on Sunday, and by Tuesday I was coughing like crazy and had a hard time talking for long periods of time or really loud. 
Christmas Eve was really slow at work so I got to go home early. I got off work and went straight to the urgent care across the street. The wait was not to bad, I finally got to see the Dr. and he told me I had laryngitis and "a bug". Not the worst thing that I've ever had but still annoying. 
By the next day, I could barely talk over a whisper, and if I talked to long the I would go into these coughing spells. That afternoon Mark came over and he finally got to open his present.

 
He loves John Deere and kept asking when he was going to get a quilt when I was making all the auntie blankets. I kept telling him that I was not going to make him one, but really I had the plan for the quilt since we got engaged. I also got him cotton candy :)
After he opened his gifts and we finished up most of the wedding announcements we headed out to his house. Being sick made me get tired really easily so we ended up taking a nap, and later opened gifts.
So Mark got me:
This cute apron and sign, that will eventually go in our kitchen.


Mustache cup, he has a matching one. 
And these super cute earrings.

No comments: