This little munchkin turned 2 months old on the 19th!
He is 13 lbs 10.7oz (68%) and 23.6 inches (60%)
It has been a very stressful month for all of us. I got the flu when Callan was about 6 weeks old, and since I was already having a hard time breastfeeding him, he decided that he no longer wanted to breastfeed. They certainly come with their own personalities when they are born. He eats about every 2-2.5 hrs now around the clock. Doesn't leave much time for sleep or anything else for that matter.
Just before Callan turned 1 month my brother was holding him and he noticed a lump on his neck. Trying not to freak out and knowing that it was not there when he was born made us pretty nervous. I called the Dr the next day and we got in a few days later on Oct 15th.
She seemed to think that it was nothing to worry about and that it was probably just a lymph node but just to make sure she wanted to get an ultrasound done.
On Oct 28th just two days after his 2 month checkup we got in for his ultrasound. That was the soonest they could get us in! Talk about a long 2 weeks.
Callan did a great job while getting the ultrasound, he did start getting fussy towards the end of it. The tech of course couldn't tell us anything so we waited to hear from the Dr.
The nurse called the next day and said that the results showed that it was a soft mass but that is all they could tell at the time and were sending him to an ENT. I gave the ENT a call and she told me that they had to talk to the Dr and see if he was willing to see him and that he was in surgeries all day. I don't know the reasoning but it was frustrating.
I finally got ahold of the ENT on the following Monday since I didn't hear anything on Friday. The nurse I had talked to told me that they already told my Dr office on Friday that this ENT was referring him to Seattle Children's Hospital. UGH! Are you kidding me?!? If that doesn't make you nervous I don't know what would.
I gave his Pediatrician a call and see what they wanted me to do, she gave me the number for Children's. When I called they apparently could see his name in the computer but could not find the referral. She didn't understand what was happening either, but said she would call back when she found things out. She called later that day and said she found all the information and that yes he was in fact refered to them, so we schedule an appointment for Nov 10th and it was going to be in Bellevue. Which means a 3 1/2+ trip with a baby that screams every time he is in his carseat!
My mom is amazing and she offered to drive us over there, Mark had to work. So at 6 am we got up and ready to go, I felt horrible waking Callan up but wanted him fed in hopes that he would sleep for awhile before we needed to stop or he started crying.
Amazingly he slept most of the way except the last 10ish minutes of the trip. We got there about an hour early but you never know how traffic will go. But it turns out they actually ended up calling us back 45 min before our appt. YAY!
We got him undressed and they did the usual weight check. The Dr came in and examined him and had the ultrasound people look over his ultrasound, he had several ideas as to what it could be and of course a tumor was on the list. They decided to do a repeat ultrasound since the pictures from his original one were not very clear. They were able to work us in for an ultrasound that day so we wouldn't have to come back.
My sweet boy waiting for his test results. Love this boy!
When we finally got back to his room there was lots of waiting, but finally the Dr came in. And it was good news!!! So he has what is called Torticollis, from what I understand it is a knot in the muscle often times happens during birth which give their head a tilt. Which now explains the hard time breastfeeding him. He suggested having therapy done and most times fixes itself. Worst case he would have to have surgery down the road it if got worse or didn't fix on its own. HUGH SIGH OF RELIEF! He did amazing on the way home as well, Slept to whole way expect the last 10 min or so.
We are so happy it was nothing more serious.
He has a little cold but was still a happy boy.
Sleeping with grandpa
1st Halloween! It even glowed in the dark!!
I love watching him sleep
Hanging out with Daddy










No comments:
Post a Comment