21 June 2016

Callan 9 months

 This kid turned 9 months old on Father's day!
It has been a crazy couple of weeks.
June 7th I spent the day at my Mom's house and we kind of noticed Callan acting a little off from his norm. Then around midnight that night we woke up to him crying and he has thrown up in his bed. Not a fun thing to clean up in the middle of the night.
June 8th- was over at my Mom's again, and we saw him tugging at his ear. When I got home Callan was fussy but we just assumed it was because it was his bed time. We were feeding him his bottle and debating taking him to urgent care if it was in fact an ear infection we wanted to get him treated quickly. Well he started coughing while feeding him and threw up EVERYWHERE! It was so gross! Poor little guy. He threw up about 2 more times so that pretty much sealed the deal with taking him in. But turns our he didn't have an ear infection, he had bronchiolitis. Which meant we had to do breathing treatments on him. He weighted 22lbs and 4.6oz!!
He got this cool rhino mask... yeah he hated it!
We got back home around 9pm and he actually slept all night!
June 9th- Callan seemed to be doing better only need a breathing treatment in the morning. Then around 4pm Mark started feeling nauseous and wanting to throw up. We were getting Callan ready for bed around 7pm when I sent Mark to bed. That is when the "fun" started. He really started throwing up and having diarrhea. It only got worse from there, by 9pm he was really bad. I called our home teachers to come and give him a blessing. One of them is a PA so it was good to get his advice on what to do. I ended up texting him after the left since Mark seemed to be getting worse instead of better. He did offer to come back over and either sit with Callan or take Mark in. I had him stay with Callan which I assumed he would just sleep thru the night like before and if he did need a breathing treatment he would know how to do it.
Mark and I got the the ER around 11pm. He was extremely dehydrated, they ended up giving him 2 bags of fluid and some nausea medicine. We got home about 1:45am and our sweet little boy was awake, and had been awake for about an hour and a half. I felt so bad for him!
June 10th-- MY BIRTHDAY!! Not much celebrating went on since both boys were sick but luckily no throw up happened that day!
*No worries we ended up having Mark's parents come a watch Callan while we went out for some ice cream about a week later*

Callan still army crawls but is close to regular crawling
He has learned to pull himself up
He says mama and dada
Thinks he is so funny, and laughs at himself
Eats anything and everything
Loves to play in the Tupperware drawer
Loves Bathtime
Spent one night at the pet store for FHE to learn about animals
We got to go out and pick peas and Grandma and Grandpa Garrett's house!
Happy 1st Father's Day Mark!!! I got him and Callan matching ties, they looked so handsome!

No comments: