Today during my internship Heather (my mentor) had a tv interview because there is an outbreak in nursing homes and daycare centers that is caused by norovirus (which is basically a really bad case of gastroenteritis). Its onset is pretty sudden 12-24 hours of being infected and it last between 24-60 hours, so it is easily spread. At the end of his interview he said they were working on a story about ticks, so Heather didn't feel like talking anymore and when to grab this other lady (and for the life of me I can't remember her name but it was only the 2nd day so its ok..) anyways so she talked about ticks, how to prevent bits what to do if you are etc. So by now you are probably wondering why I have famous hands.. Well the guy wanted to video on of them washing their hand since that is really they best way to prevent diseases from spreading. And that lady volunteered me to be the person doing so.. So yes indeed I was recorded for the news for washing my hands.. guess that was my 15 seconds of fame :)
I also had to go the a Board of Health meeting.. oh man I thought it would be pretty interesting and it was don't get me wrong but I was amazed at how people never really change. I was talking with Heather after the meeting and we kinda laughed about how some people never leave kindergarden. These grown not to mention old men were basically fighting with each other trying to agree on things and get things passed. At least it was nice but this one man... oh man he just made me a little crazy. It seemed like he always had to be right.. Oh well I guess some people don't change or refuse to change. But it was a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment