27 May 2011

Open Wide!

I had to go into the dentist to get some cavities filled.. and just like all the other ones that I have had in my life I thought no big deal. Well I get to the dentist and he does the initial numbing stuff which is never fun but much better than the alternative. He leaves and waits for me to numb, when he comes back he says he is going to start on the upper ones.
Well he starts his drilling, but then it started to hurt... ALOT! So i kinda freaked and he stopped and did some other numbing to it. Again he goes away and waits for it to take effect. He comes back again and starts again, and the same thing happened again. So he tries this other type of numbing that is suppose to numb your ligament so some such thing like that. Instead of taking up more time in waiting he started on the bottom, all was going well. He finished the other ones before going after that one that was giving such troubles. He started to go after that one and it still was not numb. The dental hygenist asked if I just wanted to try and have him finish the drilling without having to be numbed again. So I said go for it since I was done with being there already. Needless to say it was not a pleasent experiance but atleast it was done. When we were all finished she told me that they numbed that one tooth as much as the do for wisdom teeth. Crazy right?!? Yeah with all that numbing it took FOREVER for the numbing to go away.

No comments: