25 February 2013

TEXAS

 I decided to treat myself to a vacation in honor of my 1 year anniversary.. at my job that is :)
I have never been to Texas but always wanted to go, and I just so happen to have a friend from college that lives there. So I decided to go visit Cory in Dallas. I was so grateful that his parents let me stay with them. Thanks again!
I had a 6:15am flight out of Pasco, WA and then a lay over in SLC. I finally got to Dallas around 1:30pm. Both flights were not that bad really. I just was tired since I didn't get much sleep the night before, and then getting up early.
I was so excited to see Cory. I hadn't seen him since my last semester of college (July 2011). The funny thing about that was that I was totally calm about going to see him until I got off the plane and was walking towards the baggage claim. My hands were shaking so bad.
So that airport is weird, you have to walk through these rotating doors to get to the baggage claim and they go super slow so you feel super awkward and when you come out of them everyone is staring at you. But I soon found Cory and he gave me the biggest hug! My favorite part! :)
I felt like no time has passed since we last seen each other. And I was more excited than ever to be there. We headed back to his house, I was met by this brother and father working in the garage. Then we went inside and he was showing me around. His mom and sister-in-law came downstairs and we talked a little bit while we were getting something to eat. We really just hung out that first day. We watched Downton Abby, and Skyfall. Later that night we met up with some of his friends at this Mexican place. It was like 9:00pm and I was exhausted.
Let's just say I slept really good that night. Which was so nice since I haven't slept really well in a long time.
The next day was Sunday, so we went to the regional Stake Conference that was being broadcast. That was really good. His mom made lasagna for a late lunch early dinner type thing, and it was delicious! We watched some movies after that and then he had choir practice that night. They were preparing to sing at the CES Fireside the following week. To view that Fireside go here. The choir did a great job!
Monday we went to the mall (there are sooo many there its crazy!) so naturally we went to the candy store
Wall of Jelly Bellies
Huge Hershey's bar
Later that night his parent's took us out to dinner at Uncle Julio's which is a Mexican Restaurant. We had fajitas and they were amazing! That night we had a movie night..and stayed up til like 2am.
Tuesday was pretty relaxed, which was good. I read some of my book (August Fortress) and waited for Cory to get up. We did some shopping,went and played mini golf and went to the batting cages (that was terrifying!) then went to Institute that night. The teachers were awesome! I wish I had them here. Then we decided to go out to Rosa's (Mexican restaurant) with some of the YSA's after institute.
Wednesday we went to downtown Dallas for the day.. on our adventures we went to the JFK memorial. It was very interesting but also very sad.


This is the building where the shooter was. On the 6th floor corner window

 


After that we went to the Galleria (which is this HUGE mall.. like 4 floors and an ice rink in the middle.) We met up with is friend Kali and had lunch at Panda Express, and walked around the mall. Then when we were done shopping Cory and I went and say Wreck-It Ralph. Neither of us had seen it yet. I must say that movie is super cute. I really enjoyed it. That night we had another movie night. Which we pretty much did every night.
Thursday we went to downtown Grapevine, they have cute little shops.
I saw this and thought of my dad and sister ;) Love them!
 
My boyfriend! Isn't he handsome?!?
Then for lunch we went to Which Wich? which was a sandwich place and that was tasty.
We ended up at one of Megan's house (one of Cory's friends) and in the course of talking she brought up getting her nails done. And we told her about the first night I was there were met up with some of his friends and the girls talked about getting pedicures, and Cory said he has never had one but would be willing to get one.  So she said lets do it! And I had never been either, so we went and it was amazing!
Cory getting pampered :)

Me, Megan and Matt

Pretty pink toes
After our pedicures we went to back to his house and had some tacos and then we met up with some people and we went to this place I cant remember the name. We went bowling, played some arcade games and played pool.  
On Friday we went to this other mall and walked around and just really hung out didn't really have any plans but I was going to go shopping with Cory's mom when she got off work. Cory's Mom is awesome! She kept telling be about this store that Cory needed to take me to.. as the week went on we still hadn't gone, so his mom took me :)  Charming Charlie's is amazing! I'm totally in love with that store! I just wish we had on here.

 
Then after we got back from Charming Charlie's.. we were going to go to a dance in Heath,TX which was about 45 min. away. That was pretty fun. except for this old guy that was dressed up as cupid and would shoot arrows and random girls and boys and then make them dance together. And early on in the night I hurt my hip, not really sure how that happened but man did it hurt. After the dance we went out to Whataburger. Then made it back home and had another movie night. :)
On Saturday, my last day in Texas we went down to the Fort Worth stockyards, We got to ride a train and everything.


This is Patron, 1800lbs steer yep he is a big boy!

haha these flowers have a great story to them..
 
That night we watched a few movies, we stayed up til about 4:30 am I think before we went to bed.. My flight was not til 12:30 which was nice that it was not super early.
So there you have it my week in Texas! It was amazing!! I was super sad to leave. Texas has a special place in my heart now.  I would move there tomorrow if I could. Thanks Cory for having me, you are the best!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

It looks like you had a really fun trip!!! I think the next vacay you take should be to Tucson, AZ. :-)

Stephanie said...

hehehe flowers..... :)