20 October 2013

Unfinished Projects

I started this project a year ago or so.. it was kind of slow going only because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with them. Back when I was in college I had a roommate that was moving out and leaving a few things behind and asked if I wanted them. And how can you say no to free??
This is what they started out as...


 Definitely in need of a little TLC.

 In order to put tiles on we had to build a frame to put them in.
Painting to frame before placing the tiles


And the final product!!!
 

I think they came out really well. Thanks Mark and Dad, Brian, for all the help!
I also got this mirror from that same roommate and I just hated the gold. So in getting projects done and getting thing ready for our new apartment, I repainted the frame, I like it so much better now.
 Before:
 

 In progress:


 The final product:
I kind of wanted it a little darker but I think it will work just fine. Glad to have those to projects done.
 
 

No comments: