This semester I have been taking human embryology this semester and we have been talking about how an embryo develops and how where everything comes from.. and I mean everything... well today our teacher brought in about 21 eggs that he had gotten this past Friday. And we got to put windows into the eggs so that we will be able to watch them develop over the next week. The first step that we had to do was take a needle and put it into the egg and get between 3-5cc of fluid, this allows the embryo to drop enough so when you make the window you will have less of a risk of rupturing the membrane of the embryo. Making the window takes forever to do.. and you don't even know if you have a fertilized egg until you get inside the egg. there are about 10 students in our class and I think that we had 10 eggs there were fertilized.. we didn't window all of the eggs because we want some to develop a little bit more before we window them. I should have taken a picture but I got hopefully I will get a picture on Wednesday.
Yes I am a biology nerd and I'm ok with that :)
Obviously this picture is not one that we did, but now you get the idea of what we did. kinda crazy huh?!?

No comments:
Post a Comment