15 April 2012

Work Happenings

I currently work at Tri-Cities Laboratory in Kennewick, Washington. Do I love my job? Well that is yet to be determined, but hey at least it pays my bills. And I really couldn't ask for more at the point. There are some highlights though. For example I love it when Aaron from Dr. Foss' office calls. It really does just makes my day that much better. I would in the client services department, so I have to answer lots phone calls and some really random questions. But the reason I love talking to Aaron is because when he calls to find lab results he always spells out every name and goes slow enough that you can actually type it. What a concept I know :) and he is just so pleasant to talk to.

My other favorite story from work so far was probably from Thursday, I answered the phone like I always do:
Me: Thank you for calling Tri-cities Laboratory, this is Jacqueline, how can I help you?
Guy on phone:...Yeah I have to get a drug test and I want the test to be negative, so how long does marijuana stay in your system?
Me: um.. I don't know
Guy: you don't know?
Me: No not a clue
Guy: oh OK thanks

haha yeah that gave me a good laugh.. yep we get some really smart people on the phone sometimes.

So this part it not really funny just more of an eye opener.. The ladies were talk about having their kids in daycare. My boss has to put her son in daycare now because her husband's shift changed. She was talking about when her oldest daughter was in daycare and she went to pick her up and she was sobbing  and she couldn't stop her. She asked her friend how long she had been cry and she told her "oh a while" she decided to take her in thinking that it was maybe and ear infection. They doctor couldn't find out why she was still sobbing . Then when she was tiring to put her daughter's pants on, her daughter wouldn't put weight on her foot. Come to find out she broke her leg, and she was only 18months old.

There were stories they were telling just made me realize how important it is for mother to stay at home and raise their children. All I can really say is that Heavenly Father really know what he is doing. "Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children." Family Proclamation I know that sometimes that is not really and option, but I just really showed me that I want to be the one that is raising my children, and be there for them and watch them grow.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Wow, that is a funny story about the guy & the drug test. Crazy! You have some great thoughts in this post, thanks for sharing them!