30 September 2015

Our Journey to Parenthood Part 2

After my surgery in Aug we were advised to wait at least 3 months before trying to get pregnant again. You want your body to go back to normal, or you could potentially setting yourself up for another miscarriage.
3 months seems like such a long time when you are told to wait. But we knew it was the best thing to do, and wanted the best outcome we could get the next time around.
In December 2014 my parents had come up to visit just after Christmas, and I remember going out to lunch with them and my mom mentioned something about getting a text from my brother and did I get it. I said "No" she said something along the lines of "oh interesting"
I eventually did get a text from my brother and it was telling us that they would be expecting baby #3. I was excited for them but also a little jealous. Mark never said anything so I wondered if he knew.
I believe that it was the next day, I came home for lunch and to say goodbye to my parents.
I went upstairs to go use the bathroom and I took a pregnancy test. I was rather certain that I was pregnant but its always nice to have a confirmation. And sure enough there were those two pink lines. Mark was downstairs and had no idea that I had taken the test. I went back to work and didn't say anything, I wanted to do something special for him and had some ideas in mind.
While at work I told Mark that Niklas and Karen were expecting, we talked about our feelings and tried to be ok with it. (Not that we could do anything about it, but the loss we had was still pretty fresh in our minds and all we wanted was to have our little family.)
Knowing that Mark was kind of sad and missing our little one, I decided not to wait to tell him our good news. I had left the pregnancy test on the counter in the upstairs bathroom and was hoping that Mark would see it and say something. But hours passed and still noting. I couldn't take it any longer! So the only thing I could think of was to get him to go to the bathroom somehow..
So this is how the texts went.
Me: "Hey I think I left my straightener on in the bathroom and you go check it for me?"
Mark: Yeah
A few minutes passed
Mark: "No your straightener is not on, and your pregnant??"
Me: Yes
Mark: Yay!!
I know lame way to tell someone but that is all I could think of at the moment
We decided not to tell anyone til after our first ultrasound, And man was that hard to keep from family.
 
Jan 30th 2015
We had our first ultrasound and everything was perfect! I had some light spotting about 2 weeks or so after I took the test and kind of started to panic, but with a quick phone call to the doctors office she said not to worry unless things get worse. It did go away within a few days what a relief!
8 weeks and going strong!
After my doctor appointment we went and celebrated our 1 year anniversary and told our families that we were expecting.
Our journey to Parenthood was not as long as some but it has changed us in way we never would have guessed and its not over yet! 
 

No comments: