16 June 2011

Scripture Reading

During my scripture reading last night I was reading in Enos, and I have always like reading Enos but this time it really just made me think of the depths he went to in his pleading with the Lord. It amazes me that even after the Lord had said that his sins were for given him, that he then thought about his brethren. I just wonder if I would be like that. And that i should be more like that. After the Lord tells him that he will visit this brethren according to their diligence in keeping the commandment is says in verse 11 "and after I, Enos, had heard these words, my faith began to be unshaken in the Lord.." I hope that someday my faith will be like Enos'

I was also reading in Omni and verse 26 just jumped out at me so I thought that I would share it. It reads "And now, my beloved brethren I would that your should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved." I think at least for now this will be my favorite scripture.

No comments: